The Western New York COVID-19 Community Response Fund, a collaborative philanthropic effort launched in mid-March to address the COVID-19 crisis in our community, released a Request for Ideas (RFI) to seek out collaborative solutions from nonprofit leaders to address challenges our community is facing due to COVID-19, coupled with the persistent challenges of racial inequities.
The RFI consists of five questions and submissions are encouraged to consider at least one of the following: geographic coordination, collaborative issue-area coordination, cross-issue or cross-sector coordination. Issue areas may include, but are not limited to: food security, housing and homelessness, childcare, arts and culture, out of school time, behavioral health, community-based health, and eldercare support and services.
Submissions should also take into account the following guiding principles:
- Racial Equity
- Equity for Vulnerable Populations
- Regional Approach (Where Applicable)
- Alignment with Social Determinants of Health (Where Applicable)
- Trauma-Informed Care Principles
- Inclusion of Human-Centered Design
- Nonprofit-Led Cross-Sector Collaboration (e.g., Public, Private, Nonprofit)
- Leading to Systems Change
- Public Policy Component (Where Applicable)
There are two virtual information sessions scheduled:
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 4 to 5 p.m. – Registration required; click here to register.
- Friday, June 26, 2020, 9 to 10 a.m. – Registration required; click here to register.
The deadline to submit ideas is July 31, 2020 at 3 p.m.