To Our Valued Grantees and Partners:
Like all of you, our team at the Health Foundation has been closely monitoring the developing situation regarding the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. We are engaged in and partnering on efforts to mitigate the impact of the virus and meet the immediate and long-term needs of the people we serve.
We want to share some information about how we’re responding.
- First, please be assured that our work is uninterrupted and ongoing. We remain fully committed to serving our community and supporting our grantees and partners as we always have.
- Our team has implemented measures based on county, state and federal recommendations aimed at protecting the health of the community. All Health Foundation staff in both western and central New York will be working remotely and transitioning in-person meetings to conference calls or virtual meet-ups whenever possible.
- We’re also following and sharing other key recommendations from health officials, including practicing social distancing and good hand washing hygiene, and minimizing time spent in large groups or crowds.
- We’re evaluating our plans for upcoming events and programs, and ensuring we carry them out in a way that is safe for everyone involved.
- If you’re working with us on a current or upcoming initiative, a member of our team will be in contact with you to share updates or changes as needed.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team at any time with questions or concerns. More than ever, we are ready to meet the needs of our community and support efforts to improve the health of people in western and central New York.
Nora OBrien-Suric, PhD, President
The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York