The Health Foundation for Western and Central New York (HFWCNY), an independent, private foundation dedicated to improving the health and health care of the people and communities of western and central New York, is seeking a Communications Content Specialist to join their passionate and engaged team.
The Communications Content Specialist will be responsible for managing input from multiple sources, delivering messages appropriate for relevant audiences and (s)he will manage the process for message distribution, including, blogs, social media, email campaigns, press releases, quarterly digital newsletter, annual report and website updates.
The position will be located in Buffalo, NY. Regular travel among the 16 counties of Western and Central New York, as well as periodic statewide and national travel, is required. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with necessary insurance is required.
The Health Foundation for Western & Central New York is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity and community advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related liberal arts field.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive external experience working in the communications field. 5-7 years preferred.
- Strong writing skills with flair for translating complex or academic language for a broader audience.
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices and demonstrated ability to keep up with rapidly changing communication technology.
- Accurate, versatile, adaptable, and a quick learner.
- Comfort working independently as well as part of a team
- Experience designing, scripting, developing content and producing video, multi-media, Web and audio products.
- Experience working in with programs for older adults, young children impacted by poverty, and/or community health a plus.
Qualified candidates may submit resumes to Lori White, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; the position will remain open until filled.