WEBINAR: Reaching Out to the Uninsured
On July 16, 2019 at 2:00pm, the Health Foundation and the National Council on Aging will host a webinar to discuss strategies for reaching those who continue to lack health care coverage in New York State.
The Affordable Care Act has enabled millions of adults to obtain affordable health insurance. Yet across the country, there remain pockets of uninsured individuals, many of whom qualify for subsidized insurance and support from other public benefits. This is true in western and central New York, where the overall uninsured rate hovers at 5%. Recently, the Health Foundation for Western and Central New York commissioned NCOA to hold listening sessions in western New York to better understand the reasons some adults who are eligible for public coverage and other benefits do not enroll.
This webinar highlights some of the findings from these sessions, and what both community agencies and advocates can do to counter the stigma associated with accepting public assistance.
Join us to discover:
- The most commonly cited challenges to enrollment
- Strategies and successes of local partnerships to serve hard-to-reach populations
- The importance of the role of Navigators and one-on-one interactions
- Possible solutions related to outreach and messaging that can build trust and overcome stigma
- Program and policy recommendations that can ease enrollment processes and sustain community support